Search This Blog

Contact The Manifesto: Inside the Mind of an Idiot...


Email: Manifesto.Idiot@gmail.com

Twitter: @MKriegbaumJr

NEW!!! You can now get the Manifesto right on your phone! Check out the new mobile app! All you have to do is open it the link below in your mobile browser and add it to your home page!

http://InsideTheMindOfAnIdiot.mobapp.at/


Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Children's programing leads to idea behind my next masterpiece???

    My son is only two years old so children's programming is still a fairly new experience for me. Yes, I am aware of what Barney and other mainstream children’s programs are, but I had never had a reason to to actually pay attention to them until now. I must admit... most of these shows are fucking terrible! One of these retched shows actually has inspired the upcoming creation of the next piece of my artistic collection, we will get into that shortly.


 After watching Bob The Builder, I see that I am may not be the only one to find inspiration in children’s programs... President Obama may have borrowed his “Yes we can!” campaign slogan from Bob the Builder... it’s not like he would ever admit to it if he did. In each and every episode of Bob the Builder Bob gathers his team and asks them “Can we Build it?” and the team responds with “Yes we can!” The first time I heard this I started laughing to myself “Holy shit Obama so stole this line!” The president has relatively younger daughters so it is a remote possibility that he has seen this show. How funny would it be if a politician found inspiration for the biggest moment of his political career, a presidential campaign slogan in children's programing... it would be classic!

I find inspiration from random if not perplexing sources whether it is in regards to writing and or creating art (as we all this know from my first artistic creation, ‘Piss on the Canvas’). So why not find some inspiration for my next artistic masterpiece while watching an awful show with my son. For one reason or another, the art community has drawn my ire... maybe it is because of the elitist attitudes and bullshit explanations of the so called “genius” behind some art. Whatever it is, portions of the art community drives me insane. I have no artistic ability what so ever, my handwriting is barely legible and I admit this, but the painting I created could easily pass as “conceptual” or “abstract” art.  I showed the painting to a person that I work with, who is an actual artist, and she accused me of purchasing the painting at the Allentown Art Festival. This alone was vindication to me that the art world is full of phonies that can bullshit their way into the inner circles of artistic prestige.

    How could a children’s program inspire me to create another painting? Let me go through the back story. My son’s three favorite shows are Curious George, Thomas & Friends and Caillou. I can deal with Curious George and Thomas... Caillou is absolutely unbearable to sit through. I have no idea what draws kids to watch this show. Caillou looks like a 4 year old cancer patient with his lack of hair, and this is not meant to insult cancer patients, I am only using this reference to describe his appearance. He is an annoying kid who just whines and and pouts if he does not get his way... the type of kid that would cry if he loses a game. This is a kid I would have undoubtedly made fun of growing up because he is such a pansy. His parents are fucking enablers that give into him. What kind of example is this for the kids to follow? He is teaching kids to be a whiny pussy with his antics on this show! Is this what we want... our children to grow up to be pussies? One particular episode he was running, then fell down and cut his knees. When I saw this I felt a sense of happiness and felt like standing up and applauding this scene as if it were Oscar worthy. But when all is said and done, I hate this show, yet I let my son watch it because he likes it and I love to see him with a smile on his face like he has when he watches it. Fuck!!! I hope that I am not turning into an enabler like Caillou’s parents.

    As mush as I despise Caillou, it has served a purpose... It has given me an idea for a concept behind my next artistic masterpiece that will assist in my mutinous invasion of the art world. The next painting in my collection will be titled “I’d Rather Watch Paint Dry”. The title of the upcoming art work says it all about my feelings on Caillou. Seriously, I would rather stare at a wall and watch paint dry versus watching another episode of this retched show with this pussy character. There are times when Cole is watching this show that I wish I could reach through the screen, grab this pussy kid by the back of the head and ram his face into a wall. The mere thought of a red streak of blood running down a wall after slamming Caillou’s head into it has left me with a mental image that is translating into the concept for my next painting. This image is what will translate into my next piece of conceptual art. How is that idea for a conceptual piece of art? 

  Now, this piece may make me seem like I could be a child abuser since Caillou is a four year old. I assure you I am not. This is a fictitious scenario with a fictitious character... remember this folks. It is just a glimpse inside the mind of an idiot, an idiot whose mind is all over the map and is looking to make a mutinous entrance into the art world. You know what? This art thing is kind of fun. It is giving me another creative outlet. Go figure, who would have thought I would actually enjoy this. Maybe there is a future for me here with the insanity fueled ideas that inspire my art...


I will post a pic of the painting upon completion.

No comments: