Search This Blog

Contact The Manifesto: Inside the Mind of an Idiot...


Email: Manifesto.Idiot@gmail.com

Twitter: @MKriegbaumJr

NEW!!! You can now get the Manifesto right on your phone! Check out the new mobile app! All you have to do is open it the link below in your mobile browser and add it to your home page!

http://InsideTheMindOfAnIdiot.mobapp.at/


Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The shameless art of self promotion.

          Self promotion is a shameless art which anyone with something to promote must go through the rigors of. Even I go through the self whoring act myself, even though it is on a much smaller scale. I leave comments on other blogs and sign with my name and blog address. I have my blog URL displayed on my Twitter and Facebook pages... I'm just trying to get exposure at this early juncture. I have a small following in regards to blog traffic, but no matter how small, they are my audience and I am trying to keep posts flowing. As I've mentioned in earlier posts, the past few days are very difficult on me, but here I am putting out small posts just to keep momentum going and keep the blog out in the public eye. I am not writing this blog for financial gain, I do not make any money off of it. I do this as an outlet, for my own personal enjoyment and or sanity.

          There are others that do the self promotion dog and pony show for personal gains. Actors, authors and musicians are people that I think of off the top of my head that need to promote their works as it is their life line, their earnings depend on it. I get why they do it in the grand scheme of things, The more people spend on their works, the more their earning potential. That is the cycle of life in the entertainment business.
          Actors are my personal favorite to watch with their shameless plugs. People like Tom Cruise and Angelina Jolie absolutely put me in tears when I see them whoring their works. They come across with their awful phony sophistication as if they do something that really matters in the world. Let me tell you something... doctors, nurses, teachers and lawyers (if doing respectable work) matter in society, they make differences in peoples lives. Actors are entertainers, people see their works for personal entertainment, no different than sideshow acts or athletes. It is all entertainment in the end.
          One particular actor was promoting himself on Twitter today and I managed to throw my opinion in... go figure right. BROorNOT.net (@BROorNOT is their twitter handle) is a Twitter account that I have a fairly regular communication stream with. I enjoy their site and they are very interactive with their followers. That is a model that I would like to follow in. Their site takes people that are under consideration to be a "Bro" and lets the views vote on whether they are a bro or not, hence the name of the site. I've given suggestions of people I'd say is a bro and responded to other selections that the site has posted. This site has re-tweeted several of my blurbs that were sent their way.

A bro by definition from the Urban Dictionary is as follows:

Obnoxious partying males who are often seen at college parties. When they aren’t making an ass of themselves they usually just stand around holding a red plastic cup waiting for something exciting to happen so they can scream something that demonstrates how much they enjoy partying. Nearly everyone in a fraternity is a bro but there are also many bros who are not in a fraternity. They often wear a rugby shirt and a baseball cap. It is not uncommon for them to have spiked hair with frosted tips.
         
          To keep it simple, I consider a bro to be someone I'd enjoy having a beer with. One particular tweet from today changed my opinion on one certain actors self promotion and at the end of the day, I respect the hell out of him for it. Anyone reading this should have a little knowledge of what I am all about most of the time. I have the tendency to be an asshole from time to time for those of you that don't know. I've thrown some jabs at a few celebrities on twitter whether they are local or national and had never gotten a response... I am not at all surprised by that as most are doing the right thing by avoiding conflict. But Chris Klein of "American Pie" fame, is a man amongst men as he responded to one of my shots. Huge props to you Chris! You have earned my respect.
   
Here is how the exchange started:




No comments: