Search This Blog

Contact The Manifesto: Inside the Mind of an Idiot...


Email: Manifesto.Idiot@gmail.com

Twitter: @MKriegbaumJr

NEW!!! You can now get the Manifesto right on your phone! Check out the new mobile app! All you have to do is open it the link below in your mobile browser and add it to your home page!

http://InsideTheMindOfAnIdiot.mobapp.at/


Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Be Patient...

          Please be patient with me if the posts are not as frequent the next week or so. Thursday, July 21st is the anniversary of my son Nolan's birthday/passing, he would have been 4 this year. This portion of the summer season is extremely tough on me as I carry a feeling of loss that can never be filled or replaced. My heart and mind are so preoccupied leading up to this day, I am more irritable, lack concentration and struggle to feel any emotion outside the realm of anger and sadness. I feel at times like an anti-social or an introvert and go into my own world of solitude as I am haunted by memories of being the lone pallbearer for Nolan's burial.

          In the four years since Nolan's death, I have found ways to deal with the struggles of not having my first born son here with us. I am not the same person that I was prior to this tragedy, a part of my soul died along with Nolan, but that is a good thing as I have grown into a far better person. What I mean by that is that I am no longer the emotional train-wreck on a daily basis that I was right after his passing, I have matured into a responsible adult, and have found my smile again. This by no means states that I am completely over my sons death nor have I or will ever forget it, but I am no longer confined by walls of feeling sorry for myself.
          Dealing with the anniversary this year is going to be different this year since I will be doing it on my own. Sure I have a support system around me of family and friends, but it is difficult to share my pain with them. I find it difficult to open up to my support because they have not lived the experience that I have. I have always found comfort with my Ex-Wife this time of year. She is the only one who felt the same traumatic loss and understands exactly what I am feeling and going through. For me it is tough to open up and find solace with someone that has not experienced this type of pain, I cannot even open up fully to my own mother. Since my divorce I have felt lonely at times, but I fear this year I may slip into a whole new level of loneliness as I will be dealing with the memory of Nolan's passing emotionally alone.
          I am hoping to find a distraction during this time of painful memories. I was hoping that this blog would help but I am struggling to feel like myself let alone find the ambition to write amusing pieces. This is where the "Calling all Assholes" campaign comes into play. I am hoping that reader involvement will help me either get out of this funk, or give me a source of ammunition to jump back into writing once the anniversary passes. Mr. Bain, I have a short story for your 5 roper topic that you suggested... Thank you for pitching in.

Lets keep the suggestions/questions coming... even an asshole needs a little lift every now and then.

No comments: