Search This Blog

Contact The Manifesto: Inside the Mind of an Idiot...


Email: Manifesto.Idiot@gmail.com

Twitter: @MKriegbaumJr

NEW!!! You can now get the Manifesto right on your phone! Check out the new mobile app! All you have to do is open it the link below in your mobile browser and add it to your home page!

http://InsideTheMindOfAnIdiot.mobapp.at/


Sunday, November 27, 2011

The debut of my latest painting...


Ladies and gentlemen, 

        Below is the follow-up piece that I had promised you in the ‘Asshole visits an art museum’ blog. I have finished my rendition of that painting the had sent me into a fit of rage. I have little or no artistic ability, I realize that… The sad part is that I am just as talented as some of these artists that the art world accepts and praises. My paintings do not have the skill level that Picasso or Warhol had, but what I do have is a mind that borders on the edge of insanity from time to time. I have a mind that deposits some ranting, raving and thought behind my works. From my last blog you know that I decided to create my own interpretation of some piece of shit I saw called “Untitled” by Robert Irwin, here is my rendition (at least mine has a title)… I give you “Euphemism”! I hope you find entertainment in my writings that lead up to and eventually manifest these works.


        According to Merriam-Webster (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/euphemism), Euphemism by definition is : the substitution of an agreeable or inoffensive expression for one that may offend or suggest something unpleasant; also: the expression so substituted”… In my opinion, “Euphemism” seems like the perfect title for my latest artistic work considering that I originally had an uncouth title in my mind for this painting. With the hidden message contained within this Appropriation Art piece that I have created, I wanted to title this painting “Fuck You!” With my hatred of the acceptance of awful paintings as masterpieces worthy of being displayed in galleries, that title would have been appropriate in my eyes… especially since I am creating these works as a “fuck off” to the frauds in the art community. 

        In my younger years, this painting would have been titled Fuck You instantly! But, here in my more mature years, I have decided to choose the more politically correct title of “Euphemism”. I decided to take this path in part because I have a young son and I do refrain myself from certain behaviors in his presence. Other parts of me are hoping to see this piece actually infiltrate the art scene and have my unrefined message of disdain delivered to the masses. I do believe that the faint, backmasted way that the veiled message is contained within the piece satisfies my bloodlust, thus making the vulgar title unnecessary. The edited title actually might give some credibility to the piece in the demented art community, may also help gain acceptance to the thought process behind my works and help these pretentious assholes accept the works as legitimate works of art. In all reality, I do not do this to be taken seriously in the art community, I do it to show that there is some real shit that passes off as art and for some reason people buy into it. But, who knows, maybe I will be one day viewed as a radical in the art world for my outlandish concepts. Stranger things have happened… 

“Euphemism” will be hung with a mirror directly across from it so that when one turns away from the painting, the real message contained within will become visible... if they had not noticed it already.



No comments: