Search This Blog

Contact The Manifesto: Inside the Mind of an Idiot...


Email: Manifesto.Idiot@gmail.com

Twitter: @MKriegbaumJr

NEW!!! You can now get the Manifesto right on your phone! Check out the new mobile app! All you have to do is open it the link below in your mobile browser and add it to your home page!

http://InsideTheMindOfAnIdiot.mobapp.at/


Monday, June 20, 2011

The Drunkest Weekend of my life... Part 2

Day 2:
                7:30AM: KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK! I wake up look at the alarm clock, damn it’s early. But Black and MF arrive in Pittsburgh. Let the festivities begin! I get up, answer the door to let the boys in then proceed to take a piss and crack my first beer of the day. Now, we all realize what kind of day this is going to be when you are cracking open the first beer of the day shortly after 7am after only 3 or so hours of sleep. I’m not exactly sure that all of the alcohol from the previous day has exited my system, but whatever… its concert day. I then go on to the continental buffet as I need to get something into my system if I expect to make it for the long haul, sure we are going to be grilling, but starting off the day on an empty stomach is just not a good idea.
                We get to one of the lots outside of PNC Park somewhere around 11:30am, and it is fucking hot out. The previous day was in the low 90’s, today it was supposed to be warmer. On one of the ventures I had taken throughout the parking lot I saw a digital thermometer on a bank sign that read 101 degrees. Being in the heart of the concrete jungle that is Downtown Pittsburgh, it just accentuates the heat… I must drink many drinks to make sure I stay cool… Ha-ha.
The people are starting to gather, tailgates are being set up, grills are being lit and booze is starting to flow. Now if you’ve never been to a Buffett concert, the tailgating is second to none. People create lavish little set ups, pirate flags flying, people in grass skirts and coconut boobies, kiddie pools and sand to create a small beach, cargo areas of pickup trucks lined with plastic and filled with water to make pools, cars decorated like madri gras floats, giant grill set ups… you name it and it’s there. We get our tailgate setup, turn up the music and start drinking. We like to push our boundaries so we start cranking the Sex Pistols unlike the majority of the crowd who is playing either Buffett CD’s or local radio stations.

Here is some randomness that transpired throughout the day…
* I think it is a good idea to climb on to the roof of Izzy’s SUV and swing the pirate flag and hurricane flag that we had brought with us. At one point a guy comes up and states that he is a local weather guy and was asking where we got the hurricane flag from… I forget what city I am in and ask if he is Aaron Mentkowski who is a weather guy in Buffalo. MF Decides to join me on the roof swinging the flags, this weight puts some dents into the roof and or hood where we had been partying.
* I see a girl who looks extremely exotic and sexy, she’s dressed like a pirate which is a plus, I go over and speak with her and she decides that she is into me and comes back to the tailgate. After an hour or so we hook up, nothing major and I feel like I’m the man. A bit later she takes off her sunglasses and I see she has a lazy eye. Fuck… I’m just going to have to ditch her, which I do.
* To ditch the cross-eyed pirate, I take a long stroll to the porta-potties. A limo pulls up and I hear female voices so I walk over to it. The door opens and I peek in… Jackpot! All ladies! I’m leaning in fairly far to see everything that is in the limo and two of the girls grab my arm and pull me in. I look out the window and see JK chasing after the limo. I tell them to stop and we let JK in. He is all winded and thought I was being abducted. What a good friend chasing after me…
*Stick eventually arrives to the tailgate mid afternoon and Izzy hooks up with friend of Stick. When we get back to the hotel, the girl from the night before comes to the room. Izzy looks at her and says “Who the fuck are you?” Hilarious… so drunk didn’t even remember who she was
* We meet some promotional girls from a local bar and somehow manage to convince here to let me cut here pants off of her. I guess that is classier than just removing them.
*During the concert, video of the tailgating is shown on the jumbotron above the stage. A huge video of me standing on the SUV waving flags come on and I say aloud “Wow that guy has the same flags as I do.”
*We have a chalkboard to which we write “Show your tits and get a shot”. We walk around the tailgates with this and a few bottles of booze. It is funny to see how many people responded, showed their boobs for a shot.
*Back at the hotel after the concert, sometime after midnight, we meet back up with the "Fan Club". We fire up the grill to make some eats and decide we want to go swimming. One problem, the fencing around the pool is locked. One of the grown adults from the "Fan Club" goes out to their vehicle and comes back with bolt cutters. He proceeds to cut the lock off of the gate and we swim. The hotel manager is not pleased with the action of rebellion.
                Now this is just a small sample of the debauchery that happened this weekend. There is much more detail to be spilled on this weekend, I may have to watch the video soon just for a good laugh. But reflecting on this makes me realize what the escapism Jimmy promotes… you can be a professional, a stoner, whatever you do for a living. Everyone puts whatever they do for a living aside, dresses in ridiculous outfits, consume large amounts of alcohol and it is just a good time. People visit each others tailgate parties, offer food and booze up to one another and there are no problems. Thinking of all this fun and reminiscing on the drunkest weekend of my life makes me wish I was going to the concert tomorrow. Maybe next year I’ll make my return to Margaritaville, but I doubt that I’ll ever repeat the drinking performance of that weekend. I've been to Buffett concerts after this particular weekend, but they have been at the Post Gazette Pavilion and they've been fun but nowhere near the fun had at PNC.

No comments: